Direct School Admission (DSA)
A. Criteria for 2018 Direct School Admission to Secondary 1 in 2019
Boon Lay Secondary School will be pleased to accept Primary 6 students who possess strengths in the following THREE areas:
- Demonstrate aptitude or interest in science-related fields.
- Demonstrate outstanding talent in the area of aesthetics & the performing arts and has keen interest and passion for the arts.
(Auditions may be held for this)
- Demonstrate outstanding talent in the area of Badminton OR
- Demonstrate high ability in racket games.
(A trial will be conducted for this)
For the above 3 areas, candidates could present involvement/achievement in related CCAs or other competitions in the related areas.
B. Application Information and DSA Process
Phase 1: Application Period
The application period is from 7 May 2018 to 29 June 2018.
Please submit your application form (Annex C – DSA-Sec Application Form 2018) , along with these documents to the school.
- Primary 5 & 6 results slip
- Form teacher’s testimonial (certified true copies)
- Testimonials and certificates (certified true copies) relating to student’s experience, achievement and talent in the area that the candidate wish to be considered for DSA admission
(i) For applicants who are currently not studying in MOE schools, including Singapore citizens (SC), Singapore permanent residents (SPR), and international applicants, please proceed to the MOE Customer Service Centre to obtain a registration number in the form RGxxxxxx before applying.
(ii) Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
You may submit your documents either by hand to the General Office at
11 Jurong West Street 65 or by soft copy to email@example.com.
Phase 2: Interview & Selection Stage
Shortlisted applicants will be notified and be required to attend an interview or trial/audition session at Boon Lay Secondary School.
Phase 3: Results Stage
Shortlisted applicants will receive notification of results (by mail) by 31 August 2018.
For further enquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.