Learning for Life Programme (LLP)
The Learning for Life Programme (LLP) in the area of the Performing Arts inculcates in students a passion for lifelong learning through the Arts. Supporting the development of character and values, the programme also serves as a platform to develop in students the desire to give back to society through student-initiated community service projects based on the Arts.
The LLP in BLS helps to contribute to the holistic development of our students, inculcating values, socio-emotional competencies and life skills which will allow them to be active contributors of the nation. The broad objectives of the programme are to:
- develop in students an appreciation of the arts
- enable students to develop skills in an art form of their interest
- inculcate values and build social-emotional competencies of students through their active participation in arts-related activities
- develop a passion towards lifelong learning
- foster creativity and imagination
- provide opportunities for students to express themselves through the arts
- provide opportunities for students to serve the community with their artistic talents and arts-related skills
Description of Programme & Key Activities:
The LLP in BLS is organized in two tiers. In the tier 1 programme, all students will be exposed to the following areas of the Performing Arts: Dance, Drama, Literary Arts, Music and Visual Arts through specialized workshops and level excursions to arts-related exhibitions and performances. All students will also have the opportunity to participate in a showcase to learn what it means to be an engaged performer.
Students demonstrating a strong interest and passion in the Performing Arts will be encouraged to further pursue their interests through the tier 2 programme. They will have opportunities to develop greater mastery of skills in their chosen art form, interact with professionals in the field and lead their peers in the planning of arts-related VIA projects.