Pupils will be able to demonstrate individually and with others the physical skills, practices and values and to enjoy a lifetime of active healthy living.
Physical Education (PE) plays an important role in the physical growth and development of students. Through PE, students acquire the knowledge, skills, right attitudes and values towards the pursuit of a lifelong physically active and healthy lifestyle.
Core PE Programme
Current SOW includes 4 domains – Territorial; Net/Wall; Striking & Fielding and Physical Health & Fitness.
- PE Curriculum continues to serve as a platform that provides our students the fundamentals of the selected sports and games.
- Regular PE lessons continue to promote participation and fair play.
- Emphasis on leisure and values and NOT elitism.
“Set Your Pace”
- The building of students’ resilience and determination are further enhanced from the participation of endurance related events.
- A transfer of learning takes place whereby students appreciate the fact that learning should not be compartmentalised – apply the determination displayed in a sport event towards studies so as to achieve the targets.
Physical Education as an ‘O’ Level Subject
Physical Education is offered at GCE ‘O’ Level for students who are more sports inclined. Other than reading from books, Students must also hit the training field to hone their physical abilities and reflexes.